Saturday, January 17, 2009

Knit and Pray


I had been pondering and disecting James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." I got one of those middle of the night trials and lay awake again pondering those verses to calm myself and tell myself that I'd been tried before and came thru it stronger and learned that my Father was ever faithful. The verses from Psalm 100 that I'd been memorizing came to mind--"For the Lord is good and His love endures forever. His faithfullness endures through all generations." Even the generation that is now trying me! The next day I felt as tho a truck had run over me--I'm being dramatic! Much of the day was spent praying and knitting to keep the hands busy. I'm so thankful to have the hope that my Father in Heaven gives me and His Spirit in residence to continually remind me that with Him all things are possible (even those middle of the night things that seem impossible in the dark)! He is so good!!!

1 comment:

Jody Blue said...

The Lord is so faithful -- even in the midst of the storm. You may not have physically felt like a truck hit you, but those "emotional" trucks can hurt and suck the life right out of you just the same. I will hold you close(r) in prayer. Take Care dear friend.