Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mammy Quilt


Two years ago I saw a picture of an old quilt like this on Ebay or somewhere and loved it so I started scouring the internet for mammy quilts. I found one picture and the woman who posted it apologized over and over and made reasons why she posted the picture. So, I guess it is very politically incorrect! I didn't care cuz I loved it and wanted to make one. I made this for my sister's birthday. It's a good nap size. Sophie the weiner liked it too!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jody Blue said...

I love it!! And I would guess your sister does also! Did you have a pattern or just wing it?

Tami said...

That is beautiful Barb. Not that I think we should be insensitive, but I think we've gotten a little carried away with our political correctness in this country.