Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ride

We took a ride this morning. I always think of it as an old person thing to do, but we took rides even when we were young. We checked out a little campground near Rushford that is owned by a guy John works with. Wasn't impressed. This old schoolhouse was nearby. It's sad to think that in a few more years they will have all fallen apart and a generation won't know about them. I only attended a school like this for half a year, but it's a good memory. In the afternoon we'd get leftover milk and dry peanut butter sandwiches and then would put our heads down for a rest. And this was 5th grade. This looks like a two story school which I didn't think existed; probably because I'm not very observant. John said it was for the lower and upper grades ;) He actually went to a two story schoolhouse.

And there's my John picking me roadside flowers which he's been doing for years. Way better than expensive roses!!


This is a pretty valley road near us. It was nicely graded. We notice these things since John's been grading the township roads for years. Tanner has now taken over the grading and snowplowing so I texted him to tell him what a good job he'd done. I got a text back saying, "I love you!" Melt a mama's heart.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tami said...

That does warm a momma's heart. I love the flower picking. What a wonderful husband you have.

Tessa Nelson said...

Oh! That warms MY heart!

Jody Blue said...

Oh that is a sweet post all the way around!! Husband lovin' on his wife, son lovin' on his Mama with a bit of history thrown in the mix. I love that school house, do you think it is for sale?

Unknown said...

Very nice post & picture!