Thursday, May 24, 2012

Honeymoon Cruise-December

 
Tyler and Jami allowed us to go on their honeymoon with them.  They were fun to travel with!

 
We had balcony rooms this time which was great since we spent 2 or 3 full days at sea.  At night we had the doors open and a perfect ocean breeze did not even make John cold(for anyone who knows John).  I loved having our room cleaned all the time.  Sometimes we'd take a nap, leave and come back to clean sheets and tidied room.  I could not figure out how the guy knew when we'd leave--never saw him much--but even if we were gone a short time, the room was cleaned.  One night at dinner I started to feel icky and started to go back to the room  and only got a few feet and knew I was going down so I got back to John and passed out on the floor.  My eyes were closed the whole time so I heard later that an announcement went thru the ship "Alpha Alpha in the Opus dining room"  they hauled me out on a stretcher with my 3 companions parading behind.  I think Tyler might have been embarrassed--what are mothers for?  Spent a few hours in the ER getting drugs and fluid and made a fine recovery.  I was very happy I had purchased trip insurance which covered the $900 bill.


The Oasis of the Seas is the largest cruise ship and was new in 2010.  It is a gorgeous ship with much to do and see.  There was the musical Hairspray, ice skating rink, a water stage where we saw syncronized swimming, diving by Olympic divers, and freestyle shows.  There is a merry-go-round(above), wave surfing, a zipline, mini golf, rock wall, and, of course, all the good eating!  I loved this ship and would really like to go on it again.

Dress up dinner 
 
Royal Carribean has it's own spot in Haiti where we spent a day.  It was beautiful and relaxing.  Lunch is served and there were excursions you could go on.

No comments: