Thursday, May 24, 2012

The leg bone's connected to the hip bone

 


In March Mom broke her hip and had surgery.  She had to spend a month in the nursing home to get her get-up-and-go back.  It was hard to see her there and think that she might not get well enough to go back to the assisted living apartment.  I went and lived with Mom and Dad for a week when she left there to make sure she would do okay.  It is a role reversal--no longer the child, but the parent to the parent.  I tend to be rather bossy so after a week they were probably glad to be on their own.  I cherish that time being with them for an extended time.  God truly blessed me with a wonderful childhood with a good mom and dad!  When they are gone I think I will feel like an orphan even if I am old.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: