Sunday, December 14, 2008

Name that item

I have moments when I know things I didn't consciously know I knew. The memory bank will spit forth information and I'll think, "Wow, I didn't know I knew that!" When I stopped at a garage sale one day, I walked right to this little metal cup thing and as I was paying for it, the lady selling it asked if I knew what it was. I replied of course, it's a cup for mixing flour and water to make gravy. I got in the van and wondered how I knew that. Now I think my mom must have had one for making gravy. I used it to make gravy and it worked great. And it's not huge like the Tupperware thing for that purpose.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rae Kaiser said...

I've seen those but never knew what they were. I kept thinking a covered drinking cup which makes no sense.

It is funny what kitchen things we women know just from being under foot in the kitchen as our mothers worked.

That occurs to me when John does something odd in the kitchen. He probably didn't spend time there with his Mom.

Rae